Consumer’s right to cancel
Consumers have the right to cancel according to the following specifications, whereby consumer shall mean any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot be primarily attributed to his or her business or independent professional activities.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without providing a reason. The cancellation period is 14 days from the day on which
- you or a third party named by you, who is not the forwarding agent, took possession of the merchandise received according to a complete order of one or more products and the merchandise has been completely delivered in one shipment;
- you or a third party named by you, who is not the forwarding agent, took possession of the final merchandise received according to a complete order of multiple products and the various products have been delivered separately;
- you or a third party named by you, who is not the forwarding agent, took possession of the final partial shipment or the final piece of merchandise as part of an order in which multiple partial shipments or the shipment of parts are required;
Should more than one of the above-mentioned cases apply, the window of opportunity for cancelation begins on the day when you or a third party named by you, who is not the forwarding agent, take/took possession of the final merchandise or the final partial shipment (or the final part).
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must notify us (Tom Rocket Limited, 170 Edmund Street, Birmingham B3 2HB United Kingdom, email: service[at]tomrockets.com) with a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by mail, telefax, or email) of your decision to cancel this contract. You may use the sample cancellation form below, but this is not required. To meet the cancellation deadline it is sufficient if you send the notice that you are exercising your right of cancellation before the end of the cancellation period.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we must refund all payments that we have received from you, including shipping costs (except for additional costs resulting from your selection of a shipping method other than the low cost standard shipping method we offer), promptly and no later than 14 days from the day we received notice of your cancellation of this contract. We will use the same method of payment for the refund which you used in the original transaction, unless another arrangement was explicitly made with you; in no case will you be charged fees for this refund.
We may withhold the refund until we receive the returned merchandise or until you show that you sent back the merchandise, whichever occurs first.
You must send back or deliver the merchandise promptly no later than 14 days from the day you notify us of your cancellation of this contract, to us. To meet the deadline it is sufficient if you send the merchandise before the end of the 14-day period. You are responsible for the direct costs of returning the merchandise. You are also responsible for any decrease in the value of the merchandise only if such decrease in value is the result of handling it in a manner that was not necessary in order to examine the quality, features, and functions of the merchandise.
Exemptions to the right of cancellation
The right of withdrawal does not apply to the following contracts:
- contracts for the supply of goods that are not pre-fabricated and the production of which is governed by an individual choice of or decision by the consumer, or that are clearly tailored to personal needs of the consumer;
- contracts for the supply of goods which are highly perishable, or which may quickly pass their expiration date;
- contracts for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if such goods were unsealed after delivery;
- contracts for the supply of goods which, according to their nature, are inseparably mixed, after delivery, with other items;
- contracts for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, if they were unsealed after delivery;
- contracts for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications.